Happy New Year Naturals!!
Hope you guys had an awesome time over the holidays. I know I did 🙂
So for the new year I want to focus more on protecting my ends in order to retain more length. I spent most of 2014 rocking my hair out by doing a multitude of twist-outs and braid-outs which I love but now it’s time to protect those ends.
In order to do so I’m opting to undertake a bunning challenge. I’m going to incorporate buns into my styling routine for the year 2015. Many naturals have sworn by this method as a great way to retain length. Continue reading “Natural Hair New Year Resolution!!”
Curls & Naturals Collection from Biocare Labs :
These products are expertly formulated to condition and care for natural hair delivering exceptional results every time.
This fine collection is an:
- Anti-Oxidant, rich, blend of Natural Honey, Pure Shea Butter, silk proteins, Coconut Oil, Abysinnian Oil and nature’s finest plant essences.
- Free of Parabens, Dyes, and Mineral Oils and Sulfates
Continue reading “CURLS & NATURALS PRODUCT REVIEW!!!”
Thou shall not….
Blasting thin strands with high heat literally burns your tresses! Thicker coarse hair on the other hand requires a higher heat setting but thinner hair needs only a warm temperature, so you don’t singe it.
The daily washing and straightening tends to suck the life out of your locks. It’s important that you stretch out your washes.
Continue reading “HEALTHY HAIR COMMANDMENTS!”
Coconut Oil does everything!
It’s packed with nourishing fatty acids that cure a whole range of issues:
- Use it in a mask for damaged hair or just to nix frizz. Rub a tiny bit between your palms, then dab on any fuzzy bits. The oil repels water to prevent more frizzing.
- It also softens rough body skin. Apply it anywhere that you have scaly patches such as heels, shins and it gets rid of them almost on contact.
Continue reading “Coconut Oil”
A Luxe Deep Conditioner
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh mango cubes
Continue reading “DIY Strand Saver!!!”
It’s really easy to amplify your hair shine with one simple ingredient:
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1. Pour the apple cider vinegar into a spray bottle and spritz your hair, while combing to evenly distribute it. Then hop in the shower!
2. While shaving your legs, let the vinegar work its magic. The vinegar will break down the product buildup which makes your hair look dull. (Shampoo isn’t always strong enough to wash out your stylers, especially those that aren’t CG friendly)
3. Shampoo and condition as you normally do or depending you can go straight to conditioning. But remember to rinse out your conditioner with cold water to help seal in shine. Continue reading “DIY Strand Saver!!!”
Curl Villian #1
– You have long hair, but it’s hard to tell because your curls are so tight! Stretch them out using a smoothing cream with olive oil (the natural moisturizer loosens curls).
Try: John Frieda FrizzEase Unwind Curls Calming Crème Continue reading “Superhero Curls!!!”